Tax Practitioner Services
Need answers about your client's tax return or account? Call the Tax Practitioner Hotline. In most cases we can answer your question the same day we receive it.
The Hotline is open Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM during normal operating periods, and is not open on weekends and state holidays.
- Tax Practitioner Hotline
- Call 916.845.7057
- e-file Help Desk
- FTB Information Directory
- The directory contains telephone numbers, mailing addresses and Webpage addresses for the key programs within our organization that you use most.
- Tax News
- Tax news is our information service operated exclusively for tax practitioners. Its primary objective is to keep you informed about state income tax laws; Franchise Tax Board regulations, policies, and procedures; and events that effect the tax practitioner community.
- Public Service Bulletins
- Redacted versions of documents provided to our Customer Service Representatives to assist them in responding to inquiries from the public.
- Official California State Holidays
- A list of all official California state holidays.
Electronic communication and data transmission
- Secure Email Service
Secure email is an efficient, secure, and easy method for FTB to communicate confidential information with our customers, without having to install software on the recipient’s computer. Secure email encrypts the data sent to our customers because regular email fails to meet FTB security standards to email confidential data. Secure email must be initiated by an FTB employee sending a secure email message to the recipient. First time recipients will be prompted to register. Returning customers only need to enter their passwords to view secure email messages. If a customer responds to a secure email message, the response is also encrypted.
- Secure Web Internet File Transfer System (SWIFT)
- This is the Franchise Tax Board’s preferred secure file transfer system. SWIFT provides an alternate secure method for transferring large files to and retrieving files from FTB. It is designed to meet the file transfer needs of government agencies and external business customers.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 05.24.2018