You add value. Join our team and make a difference.
We have a wide variety of jobs that offer the growth and challenge you're looking for. If you are a student, recent graduate, or experienced professional, we encourage you to apply. We hire a diverse workforce of different ethnicities, cultures, genders, disabilities, and ages.
We offer many positions, such as: information technology specialists, auditors, collectors, student assistants, programmers, data entry clerks, and human resource specialists. Here are a few jobs that make FTB unique:
- Tax Technician This is an entry level position at FTB for skilled customer service professionals. FTB hires more Tax Technicians than any other position.
- Compliance Representative This is a professional-level position open to individuals who have completed specific college classes or those with sufficient business experience.
- Tax Auditor Our entry level auditor position is used in multiple field offices around the country. This professional classification examines income tax filings, political funds, and internal controls.
- Information Technology The state of California uses 9 technology classifications which include, technician, associate, specialists, and varying levels of supervisors and managers. FTB has over 900 IT professionals who work in our central office.
- Legal Internship Current law students can apply for this internship to gain experience in tax law.
- Seasonal Clerk We hire Seasonal Clerk positions to perform a variety of clerical tasks during our peak tax filing season.
To receive notifications as exams and jobs become available, create a CalCareers account, which will allow you to set up notifications for new job opportunities.
Get help from a recruiter: FTBRecruit@ftb.ca.gov
At the California Franchise Tax Board, we value our employees and strive to grow our diverse workforce community. FTB employees contribute to our mission to provide services and information to help taxpayers file accurate and timely tax returns. Together we collect revenue through meaningful work that benefits the people of California. We offer extensive training, mentoring, development, and upward mobility programs focused on helping you achieve your career goals. FTB recognizes the importance of work-life balance and offers telework opportunities, adjustable schedules, and flexibility in most career paths.
You add value. Apply today to join FTB and grow with us
Our central office in Sacramento offers many of the things you are looking for, such as:
- Free Parking
- Bus and light rail stop, carpool, and vanpool
- Food courts, snack bars, and cafés
- Jogging trail, locker rooms, and bike lockers
- On-site ATMs
FTB office locations
We have job opportunities in numerous office locations within California and across the U.S.
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Santa Ana
- Van Nuys
- West Covina