Tax News January 2020
- What’s new for Head of Household?
Beginning with returns filed for tax year 2019, we will be able to determine if a taxpayer qualifies for Head of Household (HOH) when the return is processed.
- California Individual Health Care Mandate: Letters arriving soon to connect California residents with qualifying health insurance and new penalty estimator
Effective January 1, 2020, a new state law requires California residents to maintain qualifying health insurance throughout the year.
- Reminder: delayed 1099-G
Even if you file a tax return on time, there are situations where it may require additional review and validation.
- Did you know farmers and fishermen have special provisions?
There are special provisions for farmers and fishermen regarding estimated tax payments.
- Featured publication: California Tax Forms and Related Federal Forms (FTB Pub 1006)
We have a publication, California Tax Forms and Related Federal Forms (FTB 1006), that compares similar forms from other agencies.
- California Competes Tax Credit
The California Competes Tax Credit (CCTC) is an income or franchise tax credit available to businesses that want to come to or stay and grow in California.
- Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights Annual Report to the Legislature
We posted the 2019 Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights Annual Report to the Legislature on our website.
- Ask the Advocate
90 Years of FTB
- Chief Counsel Corner
Mandatory e-Pay Requirements for Individual Taxpayers
- MyFTB Corner
Timeframe to renew TIA clients has changed
- All About Business
California’s paperless extension, FTB Notice-2019-07
- Event Calendar
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: email@example.com