Tax News April 2020
- State postpones deadlines for filing tax protests, appeals, and refund claims
April 03, 2020 Tax NewsFlash
We issued Notice- 2020-02 detailing the new deadlines to file:
- Claims for refunds with FTB
- Protests of proposed tax assessments with FTB
- Appeals to the Office of Tax Appeals of Notices of Action denying claims for refund or affirming tax assessments
- Special tax relief for taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
On March 18, 2020, we announced special tax relief for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Subscription services
Get emails on topics that are important to you.
- Helpful tools for tax season
We compiled a list of tools from our website to assist you.
- POA/TIA notices coming when revocation is required
Beginning May 2020, when FTB receives information that a taxpayer is deceased, we will revoke any POA declaration or TIA that the taxpayer is listed on and we will send a notice.
- IRS gig economy webinar
IRS designed to help gig workers, employers, contractors and other businesses understand their tax reporting responsibilities.
- Ask the Advocate
File and pay deadlines extended and contact center hours
- All About Business
Tips for using Pay by bank account (Web Pay) for businesses
- Event Calendar
As part of education and outreach to our tax professional community, we participate in many different presentations and fairs. We provide a calendar that shows the events we attend, as well as other events happening with us, such as interested party and board meetings.
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: firstname.lastname@example.org