- State Postpones Deadlines for Filing Tax Protests, Appeals, and Refund Claims Due to COVID-19
March 30, 2020 News Release
State Controller and Franchise Tax Board (FTB) Chair Betty T. Yee today announced an extension of time until July 15, 2020, for California taxpayers to complete certain time sensitive acts pertaining to state taxes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- More time to file, pay for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
March 13, 2020 News Release
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) today announced special tax relief for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Affected taxpayers are granted an extension to file 2019 California tax returns and make certain payments to June 15, 2020, for all tax filings and payments due between March 15, 2020, through June 15, 2020.
- Information reporting requirements - Technical stakeholder's meeting
February 26, 2020 Article
We are hosting a technical stakeholder’s meeting at Franchise Tax Board to discuss the electronic reporting requirements related to the Minimum Essential Coverage Individual Mandate, also known as the Health Care Mandate.
- California tax filing season news
January 30, 2020 News Release
Tax season is in full swing at the Franchise Tax Board (FTB).
- Get health care coverage now to avoid state penalty later
December 02, 2019 News Release
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) urges Californians to get health care coverage now and keep it through 2020 to avoid a penalty when filing state income tax returns in 2021.
- Prepare now for new state individual health care mandate
November 21, 2019 Article
The State of California is working to reduce the number of uninsured families with the adoption of a new state individual health care mandate.
- State’s Top 500 Tax Delinquencies Total $587 Million
October 10, 2019Article
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) published its newest Top 500 Delinquent Taxpayers list.
- Still need to file your 2018 state return? Help is available!
June 22, 2019 Article
Tax Day has come and gone, but it's not too late to file your 2018 state income tax return. In fact, free tax prep help is available both online and in-person at locations around California.
- Use IRS Withholding Calculator to avoid a tax bill next year
June 22, 2019Article
Plan ahead to withhold the correct amount of taxes from their paychecks to account for changes in federal tax law.