- Get health care coverage now to avoid state penalty later
December 02, 2019 News Release
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) urges Californians to get health care coverage now and keep it through 2020 to avoid a penalty when filing state income tax returns in 2021.
- Prepare now for new state individual health care mandate
November 21, 2019 Article
The State of California is working to reduce the number of uninsured families with the adoption of a new state individual health care mandate.
- State’s Top 500 Tax Delinquencies Total $587 Million
October 10, 2019Article
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) published its newest Top 500 Delinquent Taxpayers list.
- Still need to file your 2018 state return? Help is available!
June 22, 2019 Article
Tax Day has come and gone, but it's not too late to file your 2018 state income tax return. In fact, free tax prep help is available both online and in-person at locations around California.
- Use IRS Withholding Calculator to avoid a tax bill next year
June 22, 2019Article
Plan ahead to withhold the correct amount of taxes from their paychecks to account for changes in federal tax law.