Our mission is to help taxpayers file timely and accurate tax returns, and pay the correct amount to fund services important to Californians.
Biographies open in a new window; to view them, you must allow popups.
Our Board Members
- State Controller, Chair, Franchise Tax Board
- Member, Board of Equalization
- Member, Department of Finance
Our Executive Team
- Executive Officer
- Acting Chief, Audit Division
- Chief, Legal Counsel
- Chief, Accounts Receivable
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief, Administrative Services
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief, Filing Services
Our Foundational Principles
- Protect the privacy and security of data entrusted to us.
- Carry out our fiduciary responsibilities to taxpayers by managing their accounts with accuracy and financial integrity.
- Operate with transparency to maintain public trust and confidence.
- Conduct our business in accordance with the Statement of Principles of Tax Administration, Taxpayers' Bill of Rights, and our organizational values.
- Lead with Integrity and Inspiration As inspirational leaders, we are committed to pursue the right path, communicate clear expectations, and ignite diverse ideas and innovation. We cultivate a culture of belonging, and invite everyone to maximize their potential every day.
- Bring Our Best By bringing our best we exemplify honesty, inclusivity, credibility, and accountability. We value staff and encourage them to bring their best every day.
- Deliver Excellent Products and Services Quality is best achieved through collaboration with our diverse customers and each other. We deliver excellent products and services that meet the needs of all our customers.
- Contribute to a Caring Community We encourage mutual respect, kindness, and teamwork. This creates a supportive and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity and allows all of us to flourish in the community we work and live in.
- Become Experts at What We Do We are motivated to continually improve and grow. We take advantage of tools and opportunities to develop in our chosen career path and to help inspire and engage others in our diverse workforce.
- Exceptional Service Strive to continuously enhance our customers’ experience.
- Effective Compliance Fairly administer the law to ensure taxpayers file and pay the correct amount.
- Strong Organization Value, invest in, challenge, and empower our employees to have an enterprise view, be experts in their field, and achieve their full potential.
- Operational Excellence Optimize our processes, products, services, and resources to better serve our internal and external customers.