Help with interagency intercept
If you received an Intercept Funds Notice
Did you have your money taken? If you owe money to a government agency, that agency partners with us (Franchise Tax Board) to collect it. We will:
- Redirect your money
- Pay the agency you owe
- Send you a letter about it (Intercept Funds Notice)
We redirect your money from:
- Tax refund
- Lottery winnings
- Unclaimed property
These agencies can include city and county governments, schools, and other state agencies.
Questions or issues
- If we only redirected part of your refund, we’ll mail you a check for the rest.
- If you already paid the agency, that agency will pay you back. Allow up to 6 months for agency processing.
- If you want to know why we can do this, review the intercept program authority.
If you still have questions or do not think you owe this debt:
Contact the agency on your Intercept Funds Notice (we do not have account details).
Contact Interagency Intercept Collections staff
- (866) 563-2375
- (916) 843-2460
- Interagency Intercept Collection Program MS A116
Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 2966
Rancho Cordova CA 95741-2966