Prior year alternative minimum tax Credit code 188


You may be able to claim this credit for prior year alternative minimum tax.

Check if you qualify

You may qualify if you:

  • Had an AMT credit carryover from last year
  • Paid AMT for last year and had adjustments and tax preference items other than exclusions

How to claim

  1. File your income tax return
  2. Attach Credit for Prior Year Alternative Minimum Tax — Individuals or Fiduciaries (Form 3510)
  3. Visit Instructions for form FTB 3510 for more information