Tax News April 2021
- Tax News says goodbye to our longtime Editor
Elinor Bickell, FTB’s longtime Tax News Editor, is moving to a new position within FTB.
- A reminder to verify your client’s mailing address
It’s important to verify and update your clients’ address before filing their 2020 income tax returns.
- Franchise Tax Board warns taxpayers about scams in “Taxpayer Beware” Podcast
The Franchise Tax Board joins the California Tax Education Council (CTEC) in its new podcast.
- Form 1099G for Unemployment Compensation - Information and Resources
EDD released new information and resources to help individuals who received a Form 1099G for unemployment compensation.
- Ask the Advocate
FTB Welcomes a New Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate, Brenda Voet, EA.
- Will California conform to the Paycheck Protection Program?
We are receiving questions about whether or not California will conform to federal rules with respect to the PPP.
- FTB’s Website has tools to assist you
We have compiled a series of links to information that may be helpful to you as we approach the filing deadline.
- AB 2660 estimated tax payment information
Nonresident aliens receiving California source income may elect to be included on a group nonresident return filed by an authorized representative.
- Golden State Stimulus
Golden State Stimulus payments are available to certain low-income Californians.
- Event Calendar
As part of education and outreach to our tax professional community, we participate in many different presentations and fairs. We provide a calendar that shows the events we attend (virtually), as well as other events happening with us, such as interested party and board meetings.
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: firstname.lastname@example.org