Technical specifications Minimum Essential Coverage Information Reporting (MEC IR)
These documents provide the technical information you need to participate in Minimum Essential Coverage Information Reporting (MEC IR).
What's New This Year
- There are no new schema versions for either the File Exchange Schema or the Information Returns Schema. Please refer to the latest schema files available under the Technical Information section below.
- Transmitters who have already tested with FTB do not need to retest to obtain a new Production CA-TCC. Production CA-TCCs will automatically be extended.
- FTB File Exchange System – MEC IR Registration and Enrollment Guide (PDF updated 08/2022)
- FTB File Exchange System – 1094 1095 Technical Specifications (PDFs updated 08/2022)
- FTB File Exchange System – 1094 1095 Testing Specifications (PDF updated 08/2022)
- Test Scenario Answer Keys (ZIP file updated 08/2022)
To stay current on MEC IR updates and technical information, sign up for the “Health Care Mandate” list on Subscription Services.