Resources for small businessesMay 2022 Tax News
Learn about informative websites and publications
We would like to remind you of the many resources available to your small business clients. Having the correct and most up-to-date information is very important.
- Franchise Tax Board – Our Business section provides useful links and filing information for the different forms of business ownership. It also includes information on Doing Business in California and important due dates. There is also a Business help webpage that includes Revivor information if a business is suspended, and links for information on how to dissolve or cancel a business entity. Find Web Pay to make payments online.
- California Office of the Small Business Advocate – features a business learning center, quick start guides, and links to financial assistance. If you or your client is in need of permit assistance, CalGold can point you in the right direction of what permits and licenses you may need for your particular business and location.
- California Secretary of State – has a Business section to search for and access all public records for an entity, to find forms to start or dissolve/cancel a business entity, and even file statements of information online.
- Small Business Assistance Center –contains useful information about all aspects of your business located at California Tax Service Center or taxes.ca.gov.
Education and outreach events
- The following event calendars can be used to find upcoming Small Business Education and Outreach events near you.
- FTB Event Calendar – shows upcoming small business seminars sponsored by our education and outreach team.
- CDTFA Event Calendar – includes small business seminars, new business orientation, basic sales and use tax classes, nonprofit seminars, and more!
- FTB 1123, Common Forms of Ownership – is an exhaustive resource of the filing requirements and general information about the different forms of business ownership. As a business owner, one of your most important decisions is which form of business ownership will best fit your business needs.
- FTB 984, Common Business Expenses – discusses the most common business expenses.
- FTB 3556, General LLC Information – specifically deals with limited liability companies (LLCs) and how they are considered hybrid business entities that takes characteristics from corporations and partnerships.
- FTB 1060, Guide for Corporations Starting Business in California – navigates the filing requirements of corporations.