Tax News July 2021
- Electronic Signatures Accepted Through December 31, 2021
We recently updated our COVID-19 FAQ webpage concerning electronic signatures.
- Available Resources for Small Business Owners
We would like to remind you of the many resources that are available for small business owners.
- 2021 Filing Season Update
We want to provide an update on some key statistics for the first part of the 2021 filing season.
- A reminder to have your clients sign up for a MyFTB account
We want to remind you and your clients about the importance and convenience of signing up for a MyFTB account.
- Enhancements to the e-file Program – Superseded Returns
Beginning January 2022, the e-file program will allow Individuals and Fiduciaries to submit “superseded” returns electronically.
- Ask the Advocate
Expect notices to go out soon.
- Alternative Identifying Information for Certain Dependents under California law
Information on providing alternative identifying information for dependents who are ineligible to receive either an SSN or ITIN, in order to claim a Dependent Exemption Credit.
- Common Errors Made on Form 593, Real Estate Withholding Statement
Useful information if you have clients who submit Form 593 with us.
- Payment Tips
We want to provide information about the self-service payment options FTB has available to you and your clients.
- Legislative bill watch list
A number of franchise and income tax related bills have passed to the second house.
- Event Calendar
As part of education and outreach to our tax professional community, we participate in many different presentations and fairs. We provide a calendar that shows the events we attend (virtually), as well as other events happening with us, such as interested party and board meetings.
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: email@example.com