Tax News April 2020
- COVID-19 1031 like-kind exchanges
April 15, 2020 Tax NewsFlash
For California tax purposes, if a taxpayer's 1031 like-kind exchange identification period or exchange period is due to expire on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020, taxpayer's identification period and exchange period is extended until July 15, 2020.
- COVID-19 Economic impact payments - CARES Act
April 08, 2020 Tax NewsFlash
We recently updated our COVID-19 FAQ Page with the following information regarding the taxability of the economic impact payments, treatment of NOLs, and early withdrawal waiver penalties.
- State postpones deadlines for filing tax protests, appeals, and refund claims
April 03, 2020 Tax NewsFlash
We issued Notice- 2020-02 detailing the new deadlines to file:
- Claims for refunds with FTB
- Protests of proposed tax assessments with FTB
- Appeals to the Office of Tax Appeals of Notices of Action denying claims for refund or affirming tax assessments
- Special tax relief for taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
On March 18, 2020, we announced special tax relief for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Subscription services
Get emails on topics that are important to you.
- Helpful tools for tax season
We compiled a list of tools from our website to assist you.
- POA/TIA notices coming when revocation is required
Beginning May 2020, when FTB receives information that a taxpayer is deceased, we will revoke any POA declaration or TIA that the taxpayer is listed on and we will send a notice.
- IRS gig economy webinar
IRS designed to help gig workers, employers, contractors and other businesses understand their tax reporting responsibilities.
- Ask the Advocate
File and pay deadlines extended and contact center hours
- All About Business
Tips for using Pay by bank account (Web Pay) for businesses
- Event Calendar
As part of education and outreach to our tax professional community, we participate in many different presentations and fairs. We provide a calendar that shows the events we attend, as well as other events happening with us, such as interested party and board meetings.
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: firstname.lastname@example.org