Help with court-ordered debt (COD)

Contact the court or county

Contact the court or county listed on your notice if:

  • You do not agree with the debt
  • The debt was paid
  • Time was served (like community service)
  • You have other questions or issues

Contact COD

FTB Court ordered debt
Weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM


Contact us if:

  • Your wage garnishment or bank levy is causing a financial hardship
  • The letter you received doesn’t belong to you
  • You want to give us permission to discuss your account with your representative.


Contact us if:

  • The social security number on the notice does not match your employee’s
  • You have questions about wage garnishment
  • There are missing garnishment payments (after 60 days from mail date)


Contact us if you have a client with a COD debt and you are seeking account information.

  1. Complete an Individual or Fiduciary Power of Attorney Declaration (FTB 3520-PIT)
  2. Submit the form
    Through MyFTB account, select Services menu, then select File a Power of Attorney
    POA/TIA Unit Franchise Tax Board
    PO Box 2828
    Rancho Cordova CA 95741-2828
    Call us at the number above for more information.