Missing clients help MyFTB
If you cannot find a specific client on your client list, review the following information before contacting us. If your entire client list is not showing, contact us.
Search options criteria
- By default, all active individual clients display
- To find specific types of clients, change the Search Options to search by client type, relationship type, and relationship status
Client list filter
- To find a client within your client list, use the filter boxes at the top of each column in the Search Results
- To reset your list, select the Clear Table Filter button
Relationship revoked or expired
- If the relationship is revoked or expired, your client will not appear on your active client list
- You can find the client by selecting the Relationship Status of Inactive in the Search Options section
- You cannot access expired or revoked client accounts or view the details of a POA declaration
We are still processing your TIA or POA
- If we are still processing your TIA or POA, your client will not appear on your active client list. Normal processing is 15 days or less. Additional time may be required if we need to contact the taxpayer to verify the relationship.
- You can find the client by selecting the Relationship Status of Pending in the Search Options section. Then select the View Details link for the client in your search results for additional information.
- To add a missing TIA client, refer to How to Add a Client to My Client List
- To file a POA declaration, select File a Power of Attorney. For detailed instructions, refer to How To Submit a FTB Form 3520, Power of Attorney Declaration
- After you submit a TIA or POA, it will be displayed in search results for Relationship Status of Pending
- Important: When you add or renew a client relationship, we notify your client. Inform your client to expect this notification.
Still unable to find clients
- If your entire client list is not showing or you are still unable to find clients, contact us:
Available weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM (Pacific Time)
Closed on state holidays