Missing clients help MyFTB
Clients may not display on your client list for one of the following reasons:
Search options criteria
- By default, all active individual clients display
- To find specific types of clients, change the Search Options to search by client type, relationship type, and relationship status
Client list filter
- To filter your Client List, use the filter boxes at the top of each column in the Search Results
- To reset your list, select the Clear Table Filter button
Relationship revoked or expired
- Your client can revoke your relationship at any time
- If the relationship is revoked or expired, your client will not appear on your active client list
- Locate the client by selecting the Search Options Relationship Status of Inactive
- You cannot access expired or revoked client accounts or view the details of a POA declaration
We are still processing your TIA or POA
- Normal processing is 15 days or less. Additional time may be required if we need to contact the taxpayer to verify the relationship.
- You can view the status of pending relationships by changing your Search Options. Select Relationship Status of Pending, then select the View Details link for the client in your search results.
POA declaration filed before October 1, 2014
- MyFTB only includes clients with active POA declarations submitted on or after October 1, 2014. To access your client's account using MyFTB, you must submit a new POA declaration.
- For detailed instructions, refer to How to Add a Client to My Client List
- To file a POA declaration, select File a Power of Attorney. For detailed instructions, refer to How To Submit a FTB Form 3520, Power of Attorney Declaration
- After you submit a TIA or POA, it will be displayed in search results for Relationship Status of Pending
- Important: When you add or renew a client relationship, we notify your client. Inform your client to expect this notification.
Still unable to find clients
- If you are still unable to find clients on your client list, contact us:
- (916) 845-7057
Available weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM (Pacific Time)
Closed on state holidays