Appeal a decision

If you don’t agree with a decision, submit an appeal to the Office of Tax Appeals. We don’t handle appeals.

Make sure to:

  • Submit it by the appeal by date on your letter
  • Provide a copy of the letter
  • Write a letter explaining why you don’t agree
  • Include supporting documentation
Office of Tax Appeals
PO Box 989880
West Sacramento CA 95798-9880
(916) 492-2089

For questions about your appeal, call the Office of Tax Appeals at (916) 206-4355.

Visit Office of Tax Appeals for more information on how to start your appeal process.