Small Business Liaison
Our liaison provides information and resources involving:
- Forms of ownership
- Filing information
- Contacts within our department or other agencies.
Please note the liaison:
- Does not have access to accounts.
- Does not help with Business Opportunities and Vendor Resources within FTB.
Revive my business
Learn how to revive your suspended or forfeited entity.
Forms of ownership
Discover business types outlined within our Common Forms of Ownership (FTB 1123) publication and specific filing requirements.
See our video for key features of each structure.
Use these resources and see our video to keep accurate records.
- Common Business Expenses (FTB 984) English | Spanish
- Keeping your tax records
Understand your tax and filing requirements related to the Gig economy and see our video tutorials:
Read up on filing requirements for cannabis-based businesses.
- Guide for Corporations Starting Business in California (FTB 1060)
- Understanding Your State Income Taxes (FTB 989)
- California Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights (FTB 4058C)
- Audit/Protest/Appeals the process (FTB 985)
- 10 steps to start your business | Small Business Administration
- Small business support | California Office of Small Business Advocate
- Sales tax information | California Department of Tax & Fee Administration
- Employer Payroll Tax Account Number | Employee Development Department
- Funding Opportunities | California Grants Portal