When you need to pay tax Native Americans

You need to pay tax if you:

  • Earned or received income outside of Indian country or California
  • Earned or received reservation sourced income but you live outside Indian country within California
  • Live on an Indian reservation with your spouse or registered domestic partner (RDP) but you are not a member of any tribe