Ask the Advocate March 2022 Tax News
Brenda Voet, EA
Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate
Hours of operation and more
Anyone else notice the only major sporting event during March and April is the Master’s tournament? Is this a coincidence? Or part of a plan to make sure no one is too distracted during filing season? You decide. Either way, I appreciate all the work you do to help ensure your clients are filing tax returns timely, accurately, and paying the correct amount.
I know your time is limited so I want to use this article to quickly remind you of some helpful items:
Tax practitioner hotline extended hours
FTB will extend call center hours for the Tax Practitioner Hotline and general pre-filing support.
Extended hours as follows:
- March 1, to March 15, 2022: Tax Practitioner Hotline will be open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 6 PM
- March 31, 2022 Caesar Chavez Day: Tax Practitioner Hotline will be open Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM
- March 31, 2022 Caesar Chavez Day: Taxpayer Services will be open Thursday from 8 AM to 5 PM
- April 1, to April 18, 2022: Tax Practitioner Hotline will be open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM
- April 1, to April 18, 2022: Taxpayer Services will be open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 6 PM
Real time registration for MyFTB
You can now register for an individual MyFTB account without waiting for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) letter sent by mail. If you are creating a MyFTB account to access business entities’ tax information, you will continue to receive a PIN letter in the mail.
Please note, if you need to add a client or create a new MyFTB account for a non-registered partnership you will need to use the FTB issued temporary ID number. If this temporary ID has been lost or misplaced, you may call the Tax Practitioner Hotline at 916-845-7057.
For more information Create a MyFTB account.
Flexibility in e-filing Form 565 Partnership return
Only a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) is required for entities who e-file a Form 565 or request a Stand-Alone Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) payment. The Secretary of State (SOS) number is optional when e-filing the Form 565 or EFW request.