Tax News March 2021
- Administrative Dissolution - Intent Notices mailed to Qualified Domestic Corporations
We recently sent Intent Notices to nearly 500 qualified domestic corporations.
- What's new for water's-edge taxpayers?
On September 29, 2020, Governor Newsom signed Assembly Bill 3372 (AB 3372).
- FTB Notice 2020-04: Requests Involving Changes in Accounting Periods or Methods
We have revised FTB Notice 2000-8 regarding Changes in Accounting Periods or Methods.
- California Competes Tax Credit last application period for fiscal year 2020/2021
For the last application period of fiscal year 2020/2021, the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) will accept applications for the California Competes Tax Credit beginning March 8, 2021, through March 29, 2021.
- Interest rates decrease
Check out the new interest rates for the period July 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
- New video: Gig economy filing tips
We produced a new video to help taxpayers with their filing requirements.
- From the State Controller’s Office (SCO): Businesses urged to respond promptly to unclaimed property owner inquiries resulting from SCO notification
The California Unclaimed Property Law requires businesses to review annually.
- MyFTB Corner
MyFTB for trusts
- Event Calendar
As part of education and outreach to our tax professional community, we participate in many different presentations and fairs. We provide a calendar that shows the events we attend (virtually), as well as other events happening with us, such as interested party and board meetings.
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: email@example.com