Statute of Limitation waiver e-Signature option extended January 2021 Tax News
The e-Signatures option for Statute of Limitations (SOL) waivers that was set to expire on December 31, 2020, is now available through June 30, 2021.
Taxpayers or their representatives may submit signed SOL waivers to FTB by one of the following methods:
- Fax the SOL waiver to FTB with a handwritten signature.
- Email (encrypted) a copy of the SOL waiver with a handwritten signature to FTB.
- Upload a scanned copy of the SOL waiver with a handwritten signature to the taxpayer’s MyFTB account.
- Upload a scanned copy of the SOL waiver with a handwritten signature to cloud storage and provide FTB staff the link to download the waiver.
- Utilize a third-party service such as DocuSign for their e-Signature solution.
We continue to update special tax relief related to COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information. Be sure to track this page over this next filing season for valuable updates that may affect you and your practice in the coming months.