Business entity e-file waiver request
Business entities that must e-file returns may annually request an e-file waiver.
We may grant a waiver if we determine the business entity is unable to comply with the requirements due to, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Technology constraints.
- Situations where compliance results in undue financial burden.
- Circumstances that constitute reasonable cause.
We will approve waiver requests made during the 2022 calendar year upon submission.
You can only submit waivers for the current tax year, plus 2 prior years. Subsequent year waiver requests may be subject to review prior to approval.
Before you request a waiver
You will need to know:
- The type of tax form your entity files.
- Your entity’s name.
- Your entity identification number.
- Account period for which you are requesting a waiver.
- Reason(s) for requesting a waiver.
- Your contact information.
Request a waiver
After you submit your waiver request you will receive a confirmation page. Your request is not complete until you receive our confirmation.