Business Entity e-file Waiver Request
Business entities that must e-file returns may annually request an e-file waiver.
We may grant a waiver if we determine the business entity is unable to comply with the requirements due to, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Technology constraints.
- Situations where compliance results in undue financial burden.
- Circumstances that constitute reasonable cause.
As part of our continuing education and outreach efforts, we will approve waiver requests made during the 2017 calendar year upon submission.
Subsequent year waiver requests may be subject to review prior to approval.
Before you request a waiver
You will need to know:
- The type of tax form your entity files.
- Your entity’s name.
- Your entity identification number.
- Account period for which you are requesting a waiver.
- Reason(s) for requesting a waiver.
- Your contact information.
Request a waiver
After you submit your waiver request you will receive a confirmation page. Your request is not complete until you receive our confirmation.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
MyFTB Learn more
- e-file for Tax Professionals
- Individual e-file for Tax Professionals
- Software for Tax Professionals
- e-file Forms and Publications
- News & Updates
- e-Programs Customer Service
- Individual e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual e-file Calendar
- Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciary e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Fiduciary e-file Calendar
- e-file Enrollment Requirements
- Paperless Schedules K-1
- Business e-file
- Business e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- 100/100S/100W e-file Calendar
- 199 e-file Calendar
- 565/568 e-file Calendar
- Software Developers/Transmitters