Help with Vehicle registration collections VRC
Dispute your vehicle registration
If you sold your vehicle
- File a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (NRL) online or with the DMV.
If you took your vehicle out of state
Complete the required information on your Demand for Payment Notice
- Check the box labeled "Check here if the vehicle is currently registered out of state.
- Provide the date the vehicle left California
- Sign and date the form
Take the form to DMV or mail/fax it to us.
If you can’t pay in full
You may qualify for a hardship.
To see if you qualify you must:
- Provide a financial statement which includes but is not limited to:
- Bank statements
- Pay stubs
- Monthly bills
- If approved, FTB may allow more time to pay
- Wage garnishments continue until the registration is paid in full
- You need to qualify for a hardship for each levy sent to your bank
Contact us about VRC
- Vehicle registration collections
- (888) 355-6872
- Vehicle Registration Collections
- Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 419001
Rancho Cordova CA 95741-9001