CalSavers Collections for CalSavers Retirement Savings Program
If you received a CalSavers collections notice from FTB, you either haven’t registered or have yet to comply with the CalSavers Retirement Savings Program requirements.
Common reasons for the notice would be, if you did not:
- Provide eligible employee information on time
- Provide new eligible employee information on time
- Remit employee contributions
What you need to do:
There are two ways to respond to your notice:
1. Complete your requirements
To comply with the CalSavers Retirement Savings Program, visit the CalSavers Employers webpage to register or complete your requirements. You will need the CalSavers access code from your notice and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
If you received our first notice, including a $250 penalty per employee, you either haven’t registered or have yet to comply with the CalSavers Retirement Savings Program requirements. If you do not complete the CalSavers Retirement Savings Program requirements within 90 days from the date of the notice, you will receive an additional $500 penalty per employee ($750 total per employee, including the first penalty).
Pay the penalty amount
- Send a check or money order payable to Franchise Tax Board
- Provide your Reference ID (from your FTB notice) on your payment
- Mail your payment with the Pay-By-Mail voucher included with your notice to:
State of California
IICP MS A116
Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 2966
Rancho Cordova CA 95741-2966
2. If you disagree with the notice
The CalSavers Retirement Savings Board can help answer questions about the program, your registration, penalty balance due, or issues related to your account. FTB does not have the details about your penalty status.
- CalSavers Employers
- 877-258-8495 (M-F, 8 AM to 8 PM)
Appeal your penalty
You may appeal your penalty within 90 days of your first FTB notice date. You cannot appeal your penalty after FTB issues the final notice.
If you’ve already contacted the CalSavers Retirement Savings Board and would like information on our appeal process, contact FTB.
Weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM
- 916-845-7892 (outside the U.S.)