Get free tax help VITA and TCE program


You may be able to get help with your taxes for free.

This includes:

  • Help with filling out forms
  • What to do if you owe money
  • If you qualify for the EITC tax credit

If you live in California you can get free tax help from these programs:

  • Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), if you:
    • Make $56,000 or less
    • Have disabilities, or
    • Speak limited English
    • Are active duty or retired military personnel, or a dependent
  • Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), if you’re over 60 years old

Tax help is offered from February 1 through April 15.

Find a free tax help location near you

What to bring with you

Before you go to your local tax help site, make sure you bring the correct papers and information.