Get free tax help VITA and TCE program
You may be able to get help with your taxes for free.
- Help with filling out forms
- What to do if you owe money
- If you qualify for the EITC tax credit
If you live in California you can get free tax help from these programs:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), if you:
- Make $56,000 or less
- Have disabilities, or
- Speak limited English
- Are active duty or retired military personnel, or a dependent
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), if you’re over 60 years old
Tax help is offered from February 1 through April 15.
Find a free tax help location near you
What to bring with you
Before you go to your local tax help site, make sure you bring the correct papers and information.