Get free tax help VITA and TCE program
Due to COVID, VITA sites have limited hours and services. Please contact your VITA location before visiting.
You may be able to get help with your taxes for free.
- Help with filling out forms
- What to do if you owe money
- If you qualify for the EITC tax credit
If you live in California you can get free tax help from these programs:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), if you:
- Make $60,000 or less, generally
- Have disabilities, or
- Speak limited English
- Are active duty or retired military personnel, or a dependent
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), if you’re at least 60 years old
Get free tax help at a location near you
Use our VITA/TCE locator to find in-person help with your tax return.
VITA locations are generally open February through May but others may be open year round depending on the location.
What to bring with you
Before you go to your local tax help site, make sure you bring the correct papers and information.