Get free tax help VITA and TCE program
Because of COVID-19, the majority of VITA sites are currently unavailable. More VITA sites may open in the near future. Please use the locater below for the most current site information.
You may be able to get help with your taxes for free.
- Help with filling out forms
- What to do if you owe money
- If you qualify for the EITC tax credit
If you live in California you can get free tax help from these programs:
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), if you:
- Make $57,000 or less
- Have disabilities, or
- Speak limited English
- Are active duty or retired military personnel, or a dependent
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), if you’re at least 60 years old
Get free tax help at a location near you
Use our VITA/TCE locator to find in-person help with your tax return.
What to bring with you
Before you go to your local tax help site, make sure you bring the correct papers and information.