September 9, 2021 Board Meeting Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 1:30 PM
Held via Videoconference and Teleconference
The public may view the meeting at Franchise Tax Board’s Internet web site and may participate by telephone at 1-844-291-4185, access code: 9323145.
Pledge of allegiance
Item 1. Approval of minutes
Minutes of the June 03, 2021 Board meeting – Board approval
Item 2. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team and Resolution
Item 3. Tax Gap Update
Item 4. COVID-19 State and Federal Tax Relief
Item 5. Mission and Values Team Update
Item 6. Legislative Update
- Section 18662-7 Domestic Pass-Through Domestic Withholding – Staff report and Board Approval
- Section 25136-2 Market Based Sourcing – Staff report and Board Approval
- 22/23 Budget Change Proposals - Board Approval.
- Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR2), Phase 2
- Accessibility Enhancements for Web and Form Products
- Identity Proofing and Online Fraud Detection
- Political Reform Audit
- Section 41 Workload Expansion
- Network Infrastructure Refresh
- Enterprise Storage & Fiber Channel Switch Refresh
- Microsoft Licensing Agreement
- Contracts Over $1 Million – Board Approval.
- Interagency Agreement with the California Department of Community Services and Development
- VMware Software License Agreement Renewal
- IBM Passport Advantage Software Renewal
- Cisco Maintenance Renewal
Item 9. Executive Officer's Time
Executive Officer's opportunity to report on matters of interest to the Board.
Item 10. Board Members' Time
Members' opportunity to raise other matters of interest.
Item A. Closed Session
Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation, within the meaning of Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2), including In re FTB LLC Tax Refund Cases Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding № 4742, Court of Appeal First Appellate District, Case No. A140518; San Francisco County Superior Court, Case No. CJC-12-004742.
Closed session is authorized by Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(1).
This facility is architecturally accessible to persons with physical disabilities.
When the circumstances warrant, the Chair may modify the order of the agenda items. As such, please be aware the individual presentation times are subject to change.
This notice, including links to written material related to the Open Session agenda items, is also available on the FTB's website under the heading Public Meeting Notices.
If you would like to make a public comment regarding one or more agenda items at the Board meeting and you are using a translator or translating technology, you may contact the Board's Liaison in advance of the meeting to ensure you are given twice the allotted time to comment.
Please contact the Board's Liaison at:
- Voice: 916-845-1454
If you have a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation and/or this material in alternate format, please make your request as soon as possible, but no later than five working days prior to the meeting date. Some alternate formats take longer to produce than others. Therefore, the earlier your request is received, the more likely we can provide the specific alternate format you request.
To place your request, contact FTB’s Accessibility Coordinator:
- Voice: 916-845-7003
California Relay Service: 711 or 800-735-2929