Vehicle registration collections VRC
If you didn’t pay your registration, DMV may send your account to us for collection.
Common unpaid fees include:
- Unpaid registration fees
- Parking tickets and penalties
- Toll violations
- Returned checks
We send you a Demand for Payment if your registration is 90 days or more past due.
If you do not pay, we may redirect funds from your:
- Bank account
- Tax refund
- Lottery winnings
- Unclaimed property
Pay your vehicle registration
If you want to pay in full, pay at the DMV or AAA if you’re a AAA member.
FTB does not accept online payments for vehicle registration.
You may also mail your check, money order, or cashier’s check to us:
- Make payable to Vehicle Registration Collections
- Write your full name and VRC account number on your payment
- Mail your payment and a copy of your notice to:
- Vehicle Registration Collections
- Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 419001
Rancho Cordova CA 95741-9001
Making multiple payments? Third-party payment submission forms allow FTB to properly apply payment from one check to multiple taxpayers in an efficient manner.