Check Your Refund Status
What you need
You will need the following to check the status of your 2014 California personal income tax refund:
- Your social security number.
- Your mailing address. If your address has changed since you filed your return, please update your address online.
- The refund amount shown on your tax return.
- A compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.
Processing time frames
You will generally* receive your state tax refund within:
- 7-10 days if you e-filed your return.
- 8-12 weeks from the date you mailed your return.
*Important note: In most cases, we issue refunds within these time frames. However, a very small percentage of tax returns require additional time to process for many reasons, including when a return has errors, is incomplete, or needs further review.