Received secure email help
You received a secure, encrypted email from California Franchise Tax Board.
Select the attachment “SecureMessageAtt.html” in the email to read the message.
|Issue||What it means and how to resolve|
|Account temporarily locked out||
|Forgot your password||
|Cannot answer security question||
|Red X icons in the browser||
|Unable to open attachment||
|You authenticated successfully, but do not have permission to decrypt this message.||
|You authenticated successfully, but the decryption key for your message has been deleted.||
|Proofpoint Encryption is temporarily unavailable.||
|The message you are trying to read is corrupted and cannot be processed.||
|The page you requested was not found.||
|There was an error retrieving the key for your message.||
Features and restrictions
- When you reply to a secure message, your reply will be sent securely.
- To protect the confidentiality of taxpayer information, we do not permit recipients to forward secure messages.
- To protect the confidentiality of taxpayer information, we do not permit recipients to add or edit the recipient list when replying to secure messages.
- The time out period while replying to a secure message is 20 minutes.
- If you do not send your reply within the 20 minute period, you will be required to sign in using your ID and password to recreate the reply and complete the process.
- We send secure email messages as an HTML attachment.
- Depending on the features of your smart phone, some cannot download files and some have the ability to modify HTML files.
If you want to add an attachment to your reply, follow these steps:
- Select Attach a file.
- Select Add.
- Navigate to the file you want to attach and proceed through the prompts to add the file. The name of the attached file displays in the dialog box.
- Select Upload when you are done adding attachments.
- To delete an attachment from a message, select the X link to the right of the attachment.
- The (combined) attachments cannot exceed 10 MB in size.
- If a larger file size is needed, discuss this with your FTB representative, as secure alternatives may be arranged.
- There was a critical error processing your request.
- There may be a problem with the system or your request.