Improved FTB website focuses on customer needs
June 22, 2019
We redesigned our website to provide better services to everyone. To improve our site, we focused on:
- Customer tasks: Paying a tax bill, getting a form, filing a return, or checking a refund status
- Trimming: We removed pages and documents with low or no visits for a leaner and cleaner website.
- Improving user experience: Designed to make it accessible, easy to understand, and help customers find information faster and easier.
To put it simply, our website is much leaner and cleaner. It presents a more efficient, task-oriented, accessible, user-friendly experience.
With over 18 million visits in 2018 alone, ftb.ca.gov offers help for individuals, businesses, and tax professionals at every level.
For more information about our new website, check out these videos:
We began this effort in September 2018 with you in mind.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions so we can continue to improve our website.
Help with our new website
Here’s some information to help you find on our new website.
Information from the old website
Not everything from our old website made it to the new one. We kept the most relevant information – which made up 95% of what our customers accessed.
We completely restructured and wrote new content for the website, so old links and bookmarks will not work. We encourage you to remove your existing bookmarks and saved favorites when using our website.
Instead, try to navigate our new website or search for what you need.
Information or forms we removed
If you need something that did not make it to our new website, you can request the information.
- Tax forms: We do not provide tax forms older than 2008. If you need an older tax form, go to our Forms and Publications Search. From there, you can send us a request. We’ll email you the form in a few days.
- Other forms, manuals, documents, and reports: We encourage you to try to navigate our new website to find the information you need. If you can’t find it, try to search for it. If you still can’t find it, you can send us a request.