MyFTB for Tax Preparers
As a tax preparer, you can use MyFTB to access tax account information and online services for your individual and business clients. On behalf of your clients, you can access:
- Account information:
- View account balance and tax year details.
- View estimated payments and credits before filing a return.
- Verify the exact business entity name to use when filing a return.
- View payment history.
- View a list of tax returns.
- View images of tax returns*.
- View a list and images of notices and correspondence*.
- Update contact information*.
- View proposed assessments*.
- View California wage and withholding information – individual clients only.
- View FTB-issued 1099 information – individual clients only.
- Online services:
- Calculate a balance due for a date in the future.
- File a power of attorney (POA).
- File a nonresident withholding waiver request.
- Protest a proposed assessment*.
- Options to communicate with us:
- Chat with an FTB representative about confidential matters.
- Send a secure message with attachments to FTB**.
*Tax preparers must have an active POA declaration on file to access these services. POA TIP: To receive email notifications when your clients receive a notice, the POA declaration must contain your email address.
**In order to access an FTB response to a secure message you sent on behalf of your client, you must have an active POA declaration.
In MyFTB, the first page you see is your Client List. If you have an active POA declaration on file, that client may automatically appear on your client list with a POA access type. See registration tip below.
To add clients with a tax preparer access type (no POA declaration on file), you must enter their information from a filed tax return for one of the last five tax years. Before you add them, you must obtain your clients’ permission. You can use FTB 743, Online Account View Access Authorization, to gain permission. Do not mail this form to us; keep it in your records.
Clients with a tax preparer access type remain on your list for 13 months unless you or your client terminates access early. These clients display on your list when you:
- Add a new client or add a client that expired and dropped off your client list; however, you cannot access the client’s account information for 10 business days.
- Renew an existing client on your client list. This option allows you to continue uninterrupted access to your client’s account information as long as you renew more than 10 business days before the expiration date.
Important: When you add or renew a client relationship, we notify the client. Inform your client to expect this notification.
- See MyFTB.
- See MyFTB for Businesses.
How to access MyFTB
To access MyFTB, you must complete a one-time account registration process.
Registration TIP: We recommend you register using your Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). All client accounts with an active POA declaration on file with your PTIN should be automatically viewable on your client list.
Note: You must also have a compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later