Help Using Our Website
Our website contains various file types and requires you use the latest web browsers. If you experience issues while using a browser’s latest version, try a different browser. Our call center can't assist you with technical issues; if you require assistance, contact the webmaster.
For a seamless experience on our website, make sure:
- Pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Mobile device OS settings are properly configured.
- You use the latest version of Adobe Reader to download, view, and print our forms.
- You download the free Microsoft Word Viewer and Microsoft Excel Viewer if you don’t have software that supports Word and Excel formats (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx).
See your browser specifications and instructions if you need help with your settings.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Macintosh OS X, 10.5 ("Leopard")
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista (through April 2017)
- If you're working in CalFile and don’t see the Tax Return after selecting the image link, make sure the return is not open in another tab. If it’s in another tab and you’d prefer it pop up, you’ll need to change your browser settings to not open pages in new tabs.
- Recent versions of Chrome and Firefox’s PDF preview tools don’t work well with our forms. We recommend you disable the browser’s PDF preview tool and enable Adobe Reader (see below).
- IE 10 and 11 are not compatible with Adobe Reader. If a blank page opens when you select a PDF link in IE 10 or 11, review Adobe’s instructions.
- Windows XP is not compatible with our site. Microsoft provides Windows XP end-of-support help.
- In the upper right hand corner of your browser, select the vertical ellipses.
- Select Settings.
- Select Show advanced settings.
- Under Privacy, select the Content settings... button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Content setttings.
- Select the checkbox to Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application.
- Select Done.
All Other Browsers
- For all other browsers, please use the following link:
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later