Help Using Our Website
Protecting your information
Beginning July 1, 2018, you must use the latest version of your browser to use our online services (like pay, check your refund, or view your account).
Older browsers have outdated security technology that may expose your confidential information. Using up-to-date browsers with current security technology keeps your information safe.
List of Outdated Browsers
- Microsoft IE: Version 10 and older
- Microsoft Mobile IE: Version 10 and older
- Safari: Version 6 and older
- Safari Mobile: Version 4 and older
- Chrome: Version 21 and older
- FireFox: Version 26 and older
- Opera: Version 12.17 and older
- Google Android OS: Version 4.4 and older
For a seamless experience on our website, make sure:
- Pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Mobile device OS settings are properly configured.
- You use the latest version of Adobe Reader to download, view, and print our forms.
- That if you don’t have Microsoft Office, use Office Online to view office files, such as Word or Excel.
See your browser specifications and instructions if you need help with your settings.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Macintosh OS X, 10.5 ("Leopard")
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Viewing your CalFile return may not work correctly
- If you're working in CalFile and don’t see the Tax Return after selecting the image link, make sure the return is not open in another tab. If it’s in another tab and you’d prefer it pop up, you’ll need to change your browser settings to not open pages in new tabs.
Chrome and Firefox
- Recent versions of Chrome and Firefox’s PDF preview tools don’t work well with our forms. We recommend you disable the browser’s PDF preview tool and enable Adobe Reader (see below).
Earlier Adobe Reader
- Earlier versions work on only some of our fill-in forms.
IE 10 and 11
- IE 10 and 11 are not compatible with Adobe Reader. If a blank page opens when you select a PDF link in IE 10 or 11, review Adobe’s instructions.
You can open PDFs in your browser. Review these pages for more information:
- Chrome: Open PDFs in Chrome
- All other browsers: Adobe Help - Display PDF in browser
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website