Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

I never received a Form W-2. What do I do?


Employers must provide employees with Form W-2 on or before January 31st. If it is after January 31st and you have not received your Form W-2, you should contact your employer to find out if and when it was mailed.

If your employer has gone out of business and filed bankruptcy, you should contact the bankruptcy court in your area. There may be an attorney assigned to handle the bankruptcy proceedings and the attorney should be able to supply you with a Form W-2.

If you did not receive your Form W-2, use your paycheck stubs, visit MyFTB, or contact us to obtain your California wage and withholding information. Complete a Substitute Withholding Statement (Form FTB 3525). Attach Form FTB 3525 to your California return when you file it.

Chat with an FTB Representative