Frequently Asked Questions - Businesses
- Governor’s 2013 Economic Development Initiative
- Billings and notices
- Business Entities defined
- City Business Tax Program – Identifies individuals and businesses with certain filing requirements
- Claim for Refund
- Closing a business entity
- Disaster related loss – how to claim
- Due Dates
- Estimate payments due
- Extension to file
- Fees – Common fees and their descriptions.
- Filing assistance
- General Information on New Rules for Doing Business in California
- Interest Abatement
- Interest and estimate penalty rates
- Information Returns – Forms 1098, 1099, 5498, W-2G
- The Paperless K-1 program has been discontinued: the K-1 (565 or 568) Program and Testware are no longer available.
- Large corporate understatement penalty
- Limited Liability Companies
- Minimum tax and franchise tax
- Notices, Bills and Withholding Orders – What they are and how to respond
- Offer in Compromise (OIC) program
- Personal responsibility
- Power of Attorney
- Proper notification of business debt
- Protest a proposed assessment
- Relief from contract voidability
- Revive a business entity
- S corporations
- Secretary of State's (SOS) Statement of Information Penalty
- Single-Sales Factor and Assignment of Sales (Sales Factor)
- Starting, running, or closing a business entity
- Tax Amnesty program questions
- Tax Rates
- Top 10 business entity errors that delay return/payment processing
- Vendor Allowances — Retailer Perspective
- Voluntary Disclosure Program
Tip: Can't find what you are looking for? Use the Tax Glossary or Search.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
Last Updated: 01/04/2018