Why Was My Business Entity Suspended or Forfeited, and What Are the Effects?
We suspend businesses for at least one of the following reasons:
- Failure to file one or more tax returns.
- Nonpayment of taxes and penalties, including the SOS penalty, fees, and interest.
Suspension or forfeiture affects a business in many ways. The business loses its rights, powers, and privileges to conduct business in California and will be unable to:
- Bring an action or defend itself in court.
- Receive an automatic extension of time to file their California income tax return.
- File a claim for refund.
- File or maintain an appeal with the Franchise Tax Board and Board of Equalization.
- Begin or continue a protest.
Call us if you need assistance.
|Entity type and location||Telephone number|
|Business entities inside the U.S.||888.635.0494|
|Corporations outside the U.S.||916.845.7033|
|Limited liability companies outside the U.S.||916.845.7166|
|Partnerships outside the U.S.||916.845.7165|
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later