2019 filing season update July 2019 Tax News
Here is our first update for the 2019 Filing Season for returns, payments, and refunds as of
June 1, 2019:
- To date, we have processed 18.5 million PIT and BE returns.
- 17.4 million personal income tax (PIT) returns were filed, with 88 percent being e-filed.
- 1.1 million business entity (BE) returns were filed, with 82 percent being e-filed.
- 8.3 million payments (PIT and BE), totaling $37.1 billion.
- We issued 12 million PIT refunds totaling $11.7 billion and 92,000 BE refunds totaling $553 million.
- The average PIT refund increased slightly over 2018, while the BE average refund increased by nearly one-third.
- 88% of the PIT refunds were received by taxpayers within 14 days of filing, increasing to 98% of refunds being received within 30 days of filing.
- We received over 1.9 million Earned Income Tax Credit claims, allowing $348 million in credits/refunds.
We will have another update for you later this year – stay tuned!