Ask a legal expert
Our legal staff can give informal answers to basic legal questions about taxes the Franchise Tax Board administers.
Stay informed on the latest issues affecting California taxpayers.
Common tax issues
Select one of the following topics that may address your question.
- Limited Liability Company Return of Income (FTB 568)
- LLC Tax Voucher (FTB 3522)
- Short form cancellation (SOS Form LLC-4/8)
- Estimated Fee for LLCs (FTB 3536)
- Payment for Automatic Extension for LLCs (FTB 3537)
- Limited Liability Company Nonresident Members’ Consent (FTB 3832)
- Apportionment and Allocation of Income (Schedule R)
Questions our legal experts cannot answer
- Questions about your MyFTB or personal tax account
- Collection issues
- Sales and use tax — Administered by California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA)
- Property tax — Administered by California State Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Payroll tax — Administered by Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Wage Withholding
- A matter currently under audit, at protest, on appeal, in settlement, or in litigation