Redesign 2010: Our website changes October 23
FTB Archive Disclaimer: Archived content is not current and may contain broken links. It remains online for historical reference or research. The search function above allows you to search archived and current content separately. If you need archived content in a different format, contact us.
Color, font, and layout to make the pages easier to look at:
- Colors are blue and gold
- Font and page headers are bigger
- Layout is compact with more information in less space
Four new categories of information to make it easier to find what you need:
- Bills & Notices – If you ever receive a bill, withholding order or audit letter from us, this page will help you understand it and tell you what to do next.
- Individuals – When you are ready to file, make a payment, or find out what’s new for the current year, this page links to everything you will need.
- Businesses – If you are thinking of starting a business or need to know what, when and how to file, links on this page will get you the answers.
- Languages – This page links to publications and information available in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Why we're changing
We are taking part in the state-level effort to make all state agency websites look similar and behave in similar ways by November 2007.
We are also updating our information architecture and content based on customer research. Throughout the year, we analyze data from surveys, usability tests, emails to the Webmaster, phone contacts, search engine usage data, and web traffic data to understand how you want to do business online. Then we organize information as you expect to see it.