Secure Web Internet File Transfer (SWIFT) FAQ's
SWIFT Transmitter User Guide - This guide contains the information you will need to ensure your business can interact with our SWIFT system, how to sign up to use SWIFT, and how to transmit files to FTB or receive files from FTB.
- How do I start using SWIFT?
To register, send your request to SWIFT Technical Support and include the type of data you would like to transmit to the Franchise Tax Board. Your request will be forwarded to the Program area that can assist.
- When will I receive my login credentials?
Typically, within 1 business day after you have submitted your request you will receive an email providing you with your login name and another email containing your temporary password.
- What web browsers are supported?
Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11, Firefox 36.x, Chrome 41.x, and Safari 8.x.
- Is there a limitation on file size that can be uploaded or downloaded?
SWIFT does not have any file size limitations however, some browsers and clients do.
- Will I receive an email confirmation when I upload my file(s)?
Email notifications can be set-up when the account is created.
- How long do the transferred files remain in the ToFTB and FromFTB folders?
Files uploaded in the “ToFTB” folder will be transferred immediately. Files that reside in the “FromFTB” folder will need to be retrieved within 90 days or they will be deleted. Make sure to save your file because once you click on the link to download it, the file will be deleted.
- I am receiving an HTTP ERROR 403 when uploading my file, what should I do?
Users who are receiving this error message need to verify the following:
- You are in the ToFTB folder when uploading your file.
- You have a file extension on the file you are trying to upload (e.g. .txt or .zip)
- What should I do if I am unable to get to the login screen?
You will want to verify that you are using a supported client and version that is identified on the SWIFT Transmitter User Guide. If you are using a supported client you should contact your FTB Representative or SWIFT Technical Support.
- Does SWIFT have a maintenance window?
We reserve Tuesday mornings from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. for scheduled system maintenance. We plan to consolidate all non-critical maintenance activity into this window. If you receive a transmission error during this time, please try again after 7 a.m.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later