Fiduciary e-filing coming in January 2014
Fiduciaries who file the Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, will be able to e-file their returns beginning January 2, 2014.
The California e-file Program offers year round e-filing for individuals filing FTB forms 540, 540NR, 540NRS, 5402EZ and businesses filing FTB forms 100, 100S, 100W, combined reporting, 565, 568 and the 199 along with most accompanying forms and schedules.
Adding fiduciaries to our California e-file program will make it possible to e-file the following forms listed below, as well as most other accompanying forms and schedules:
- Form 541 - California Fiduciary Income Tax Return
- Schedule D ( 541) – Capital Gain or Loss
- Schedule J (541) - Trust Allocation of an Accumulation Distribution
- Schedule K-1 (541) - Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits
- Schedule P (541) - Alternative Minimum Tax and Credit Limitations – Fiduciaries
The IRS already mandates e-filing for many of these returns, so this will increase convenience for those already e-filing the federal return.
Fiduciaries are not included in the individual e-file mandate at this time. We will reevaluate the fiduciary e-file program at the end of 2014 for potential inclusion in the mandate beginning in January 2016.
Contact your software providers to see if they are supporting Fiduciary e-filing. Stay tuned to our website and to Tax News for more information about our e-file Program.