Webinar: Tax Filing Tips for New Business Owners
Are you a new small business owner getting ready to file taxes for the first time? Or are you looking to start a new business in 2013? This free webinar covers important employer and tax compliance topics such as:
- Selecting a tax practitioner.
- Record-keeping and reporting tips.
- Differentiating between employees and contractors.
- Electronic filing systems.
- Important deadlines.
- Links to important resources and information.
Brenda Voet, Technical Assistant to the Advocate, Franchise Tax Board
Jimmy Wong, Employment Tax Consultant, Employment Development Department
Registration is required at no cost.
Date/Time: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 10 a.m. PDT
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes.
Hosted by: Office of State Controller, John Chiang