Returns and Payments Due on April 18
This is a reminder, that due to the Emancipation Day holiday, both federal and state returns and payments normally due on April 15, will be due on Monday, April 18. The chart below shows how the Emancipation Day observance affects the filing deadline for the current and the next year.
|Tax Year||Emancipation Day (4.16) Falls on||Observed on||Filing and Payment Deadline|
|2010||Saturday||Friday, April 15, 2011||Monday, April 18, 2011|
|2011||Monday||Monday, April 16, 2012||Tuesday, April 17, 2012|
The most common due dates affected by the April 18 deadline are:
- Payment for balance due returns.
- Extension payments.
- First quarter estimated tax payment for calendar year individual and corporate taxpayers.
- Returns are due for the following taxpayers:
- Calendar year partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Fiscal corporations with a January 31, 2011 year-end (original due date).
- Fiscal corporations with a June 30, 2010 year-end (extended due date).