Free Withholding Webinars
Do you know the current backup withholding requirements? If not, join us for a free webinar and get the information you need.
The webinar is for individuals, businesses, and government entities. Participants attending the webinar will receive an overview of the following topics:
- Reporting and remitting.
- Forms and publications.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Duration: Approximately 30 minutes.
Register: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 10 a.m. (PST)
Nonresident Independent Contractor Withholding
We designed this webinar for those who must withhold on California source income payments to nonresident independent contractors. We will take a look at:
- The basics of nonresident independent contractor withholding, including backup withholding
- A summary of the three phases of withholding and what to do before payment (FTB Forms 587, 588, 589, 590), at the time of payment, and after payment of California source income to independent contractors (FTB Forms 592, 592-V, 592-B).
- How we prepare for process changes that will occur when we implement our new, automated withholding system.
- Withholding resources and contact information you can use at any time.
Duration: Approximately 35 minutes
Registration takes only a few minutes. Space is limited.