October 2009 - In our public outreach efforts, we offer different forums for CPAs, enrolled agents, attorneys, corporate tax personnel, and all other tax professionals to have the opportunity to discuss cutting-edge tax topics, provide input, while earning Continuing Professional Education credits. Listed below are two upcoming events for you to become involved.
FTB’s Advisory Board Meeting
The Advisory Board meeting is October 6, 2009, at our Central Office from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Some of the suggested discussion topics for this meeting are:
- Water’s-edge filing simplification.
- Apportionment issues.
- Substantial authority.
- Public information on the single sales factor.
This meeting provides an opportunity for the tax professional community to offer advice and ask questions.
California Tax Policy Conference
The State Bar of California Taxation Section, the State Board of Equalization, and us sponsor the 2009 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference.
On November 12-14, your colleagues will convene in San Diego at the Sheraton Harbor Island to attend the premier California tax event. All tax professionals are invited to attend.
This year's conference features 12 state and local tax programs. The timely topics that will be discussed in the interactive programs include:
- Bank and financial allocation and apportionment.
- California litigation advancements.
- New state strict liability penalties.
- Adoption of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement.
- California settlement procedures and strategies.
- California legislative developments.
- Nationwide sales and use tax updates.
- Property tax appeals.
To register now and see a complete listing and description of the state tax programs being held at this year's event, see the conference flier.