Coming Soon - Resident, Nonresident, and Real Estate Withholding Form and Processing Changes Begin in 2010
October 2009 - Effective January 1, 2010, we will be implementing changes for withholding forms and payments. The new process will result in fast, accurate processing of withholding forms and payments. You must use our updated forms and procedures to report and pay amounts you have withheld on California source income. Some highlights of the changes are:
- Payment vouchers – You must now send all withholding information returns and payments with a payment voucher. Do not send more than one voucher per payment.
- Use form 592-V, Payment Voucher for Resident and Nonresident Withholding Electronic Submission when submitting a payment for resident and nonresident withholding.
- Use form 593-V, Payment Voucher for Real Estate Withholding Electronic Submission when submitting a payment for real estate withholding.
The new payment vouchers will be available on our website in January 2010.
- Faxed forms - We can no longer process withholding forms sent by fax. Please refer to each form’s instructions for submission time frames.
- Substitute or scannable tax forms – We will only be able to process FTB forms or FTB approved forms from tax software vendors. For more information, contact our Substitute Forms Program at 916.845.4522, or refer to the FTB Publication 1098, Annual Requirements and Specifications for the Development and Use of Substitute, Scannable, and Reproduced Tax Forms.
- Form 592, Resident and Nonresident Withholding Statement – We no longer process payee information listed on a separate spreadsheet submitted with FTB Form 592. If side 2 of Form 592 does not accommodate all your payees, you must use additional copies of Side 2 until all payees are listed.
Please visit our website frequently for the most current forms and information regarding withholding at ftb.ca.gov and search for withholding.