Want to learn more about HOH or RAR?
We can help - workshops are coming soon!
FTB will provide a limited number of Head of Household (HOH) and Revenue Agent Report (RAR) workshops starting in July 2008. The workshops give tax practitioners an in-depth review and updated information about the HOH and RAR audit programs.
Some of the things we will cover at the HOH workshop:
- An overview of the HOH program.
- Answering the question “Who qualifies for the HOH filing status?”
- Pertinent HOH law information.
- Common denial reasons.
Some of the things we will cover at the RAR workshop:
- An overview of the RAR program.
- Taxpayer responsibilities for notifying California after a federal examination.
- Statute of limitations and penalties related to the audit.
Each workshop is two hours long, and they can be held separately or jointly.
We will be mailing invitation letters in June to chapters of the California Society of Enrolled Agents, California Society of Certified Public Accountants, California Society of Tax Professionals, and other tax professional organizations. The letter will include forms for requesting either workshop, as well as contact information.
If you have questions about scheduling an HOH or RAR workshop, please contact:
- Bonnie Hoyle for the HOH workshop at 916.845.3959.
- Estela Evangelista for the RAR workshop at 916.845.7359.