IRS phone forum for unenrolled tax practitioners
Calling all California IRS Tax Practitioners
IRS Stakeholder Liaison Presents:
Unenrolled Tax Preparers in California
Responsibilities with IRS, CTEC, and California FTB
A Special PHONE FORUM for Tax Practitioners
November 27, 2007
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (PDT)
Learn about unenrolled tax preparers in California and:
- CTEC - Registration, education, and bonding requirements.
- FTB - Enforcement Program for CTEC.
- IRS - POAs and the CAF Unit.
- IRS - Professional responsibilities for unenrolled tax preparers.
Who Should Attend?
- Any individual in California that prepares Federal or State taxes for a fee and is not an attorney, certified public accountant (CPA), or enrolled agent (EA).
Earn Continuing Professional Education credit:
- Enrolled agents receive one CPE credit for a minimum 50-minute participation.
- Other tax professionals may receive credit if they qualify per their organization.
- You need to register individually and use your PIN to receive credit.
- Call in on a separate line to verify attendance.
A question and answer period will follow the presentation.
No recording is permitted.
Sign up now! Here's how:
- Select the time that works best for you:
- Register at: www.attevent.com.
- You will be assigned a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that must be used to join the conference.
- If you have never registered with AT&T for a prior phone forum, you will need to click on "create a profile" first.
Conference Access Code 382734
Eastern - 12:00 p.m. | Central - 11:00 a.m. | Mountain - 10:00 a.m. | Pacific - 9:00 a.m.
Register by November 20, 2007. We will email materials for the class on November 23, 2007. If you do not receive this email by noon on November 24 email us at: email@example.com to request the presentation materials.
Reservations are limited so register early. Please let us know if you registered and will not be able to attend the forum as there is a fee charged to the IRS for each unused line.
Dial in on November 27, 2007
Toll free: 1-866-216-6835
- Dial in three-five minutes early.
- Enter your access code then the pound (#) sign.
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN), then the pound (#) sign.
- Your line will be placed on hold until the conference begins.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The IRS sponsors seminars conferences, phone forums, and other practitioner events throughout the year. Many are free and may qualify for CPE credit. Upcoming events include Electronic IRS seminars held around the nation running through December. For more information on your state's events, visit the IRS.