Fiduciary e-file Program General Information
As of January 2, 2014, Fiduciaries are able to e-file FTB Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2013.
Adding fiduciaries to our California e-file program will make it possible to e-file the following forms listed below, as well as most other accompanying forms and schedules:
- Form 541 - California Fiduciary Income Tax Return
- Schedule D (541) - Capital Gain of Loss
- Schedule J (541) - Trust Allocation of an Accumulation Distribution
- Schedule K-1 (541) - Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits
- Schedule P (541) - Alternative Minimum Tax and Credit Limitations - Fiduciaries
A complete list of the acceptable forms and schedules can be found in our Acceptable Forms for Fiduciary e-file.
Important Fiduciary e-file information
- Check with your software provider to see if they support Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciaries are not included in the individual e-file mandate at this time. We will reevaluate the fiduciary e-file program at the end of 2016 for potential inclusion in the mandate beginning in January 2018.
- We accept all corresponding IRS forms and schedules. Check with your software provider for a specific list of forms and schedules they support.
- The Fiduciary e-file system is available year-round. We allow fiduciary taxpayers to e-file returns for taxable years 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- We accept e-signatures for fiduciary returns. For more information, see e-Signature Options for Fiduciary e-file.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
MyFTB Learn more
- e-file for Tax Professionals
- Individual e-file for Tax Professionals
- Software for Tax Professionals
- e-file Forms and Publications
- News & Updates
- e-Programs Customer Service
- Individual e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual e-file Calendar
- Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciary e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Fiduciary e-file Calendar
- e-file Enrollment Requirements
- Paperless Schedules K-1
- Business e-file
- Business e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- 100/100S/100W e-file Calendar
- 199 e-file Calendar
- 565/568 e-file Calendar
- Software Developers/Transmitters