Fiduciary e-file Program General Information
Fiduciaries are able to e-file FTB Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2014.
The forms listed below are the main forms to our California Fiduciary e-file program:
- Form 541 - California Fiduciary Income Tax Return
- Schedule D (541) - Capital Gain of Loss
- Schedule J (541) - Trust Allocation of an Accumulation Distribution
- Schedule K-1 (541) - Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits
- Schedule P (541) - Alternative Minimum Tax and Credit Limitations - Fiduciaries
A complete list of the acceptable forms and schedules can be found in our Acceptable Forms for Fiduciary e-file.
Important Fiduciary e-file information
- Check with your software provider to see if they support Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciaries are not included in the individual e-file mandate at this time. We will reevaluate the fiduciary e-file program at the end of 2017 for potential inclusion in the mandate beginning in January 2018.
- We accept all corresponding IRS forms and schedules. Check with your software provider for a specific list of forms and schedules they support.
- The Fiduciary e-file system is available year-round. We allow fiduciary taxpayers to e-file returns for taxable years 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- We accept e-signatures for fiduciary returns. For more information, see e-Signature Options for Fiduciary e-file.
- Beginning January 2017, fiduciaries will have the ability to submit a stand-alone Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) request for extension and estimate payments using tax preparation software. These payment requests will be accepted as “stand-alone”, and can be submitted separately from the e-filed return. The return can be filed at a later date.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
MyFTB Learn more
- e-file for Tax Professionals
- Individual e-file for Tax Professionals
- Software for Tax Professionals
- e-file Forms and Publications
- News & Updates
- e-Programs Customer Service
- Individual e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual e-file Calendar
- Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciary e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Fiduciary e-file Calendar
- e-file Enrollment Requirements
- Paperless Schedules K-1
- Business e-file
- Business e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- 100/100S/100W e-file Calendar
- 199 e-file Calendar
- 565/568 e-file Calendar
- Software Developers/Transmitters