Fiduciary e-file Program General Information
Fiduciaries are able to e-file FTB Form 541, California Fiduciary Income Tax Return, for tax years 2015 - 2017.
The forms listed below are the main forms to our California Fiduciary e-file program:
- Form 541 - California Fiduciary Income Tax Return
- Schedule D (541) - Capital Gain of Loss
- Schedule J (541) - Trust Allocation of an Accumulation Distribution
- Schedule K-1 (541) - Beneficiary's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits
- Schedule P (541) - Alternative Minimum Tax and Credit Limitations - Fiduciaries
A complete list of the acceptable forms and schedules can be found in our Acceptable Forms for Fiduciary e-file.
Important Fiduciary e-file information
- Check with your software provider to see if they support Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciaries are not included in the individual e-file mandate at this time.
- We accept all corresponding IRS forms and schedules. Check with your software provider for a specific list of forms and schedules they support.
- The Fiduciary e-file system is available year-round. We allow fiduciary taxpayers to e-file returns for taxable years 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- We accept e-signatures for fiduciary returns. For more information, see e-Signature Options for Fiduciary e-file.
- Beginning January 2017, fiduciaries will have the ability to submit a Stand-Alone Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) request for extension and estimate payments using tax preparation software. These payment requests will be accepted as “stand-alone”, and can be submitted separately from the e-filed return. The return can be filed at a later date.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 04.27.2018