Incorporating e-file Into Your Office
One of the greatest benefits of e-file is the acknowledgement (ACK) process which provides you with proof that we have received your returns.
How to get the ACK:
- After you transmit the returns, your transmitter will provide an ACK report.
- You can normally retrieve the ACK report from your software company within 24 to 48 hours. Timeframes vary; please check with your software company.
Follow your software's instructions for retrieving the ACK report. Some software sends an ACK report each time you transmit, others have separate ACK and transmission processes. Keeping track of ACK reports is critical, especially if they contain rejected returns. An e-file return is not considered filed until we issue an accepted ACK.
If you are missing a batch of ACK files, contact your transmitter for assistance. If you transmit returns directly to us, please contact e-Programs Customer Service.
What to do next:
- Note the date and time of acceptance or rejection on your Client Log.
- If the return was accepted, the process is complete. File the signed authorization form and retain it in your records for four years from the due date of the return or four years from the date the return is filed, whichever is later.
- If the return was rejected, correct the return and retransmit it.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later